If you have been wondering whether you should start an affiliate marketing gig, you probably also asked yourself the question: which are some of the best traffic sources to start affiliate marketing?
What’s the difference between paid and organic and how to implement them in your affiliate strategy?
So, whether you are advertising your own product or another business, you need to understand how traffic sources work.
We will be answering all of these questions and more in this article.
Let’s get started!
What is a traffic source?
The traffic source is a platform that generates traffic (paid or organic); it is where you monetize traffic that comes to your page, or how people get to your website.
If you are an affiliate, the traffic source is the place bringing people to your offer.
The traffic source is the origin where people first see your product, offer, or ad, and click on a display banner, search result, email, and so on. Every time users find your website, they are coming from somewhere – they saw an ad, or a referral and that is basically the traffic source.
Paid (PPC & PPV Advertising)
Paid traffic is the one that comes from paid ads. Ads usually bring traffic fast but at a higher cost.
The benefit of paid traffic is that you have a lot of flexibility in targeting your ads to the audience that has the best chances of interacting with your ad and converting.
PPC and PPV are charging methods for paid ads that define when you pay for traffic.
- PPC (pay-for-click) means you are only paying when the users click on your ad
- PPV is when the user visits your landing page for example
Organic traffic is mostly all traffic coming from Google (or other search engine) searches.
When someone looks up your website or something related to your website (like a keyword), your website will show up in search results if you did a good job on SEO and the website ranks good or great.
While organic traffic is a very valuable resource, it usually is a lengthy process to get to a point where you can earn serious cash from your own traffic sources. You have to do some serious SEO and create valuable content. Here are some examples of organic traffic sources:
- Facebook groups
- Niche forums
- Google search results / organic search / SEO
The disadvantage of organic traffic sources is that they generate an unpredictable ROI. On the long run, the advantages of organic traffic sources are that they bring highly qualified prospects, are very cost-effective in the long term, and offer an important competitive advantage.
No matter the traffic source, you still need to track all the clicks and conversions to make sure you never miss a commission. Use an ad tracker like CPV Lab PRO to track paid and organic traffic sources:
- PPC & CPV
- organic traffic
- media buys
- email marketing
- mobile ads
- video ads
- link placements
- social ads
- in-text ads
How to pick the best traffic source
Picking the right traffic source calls for some research and a bit of risk you have to be willing to take: you need to invest some money and time to find out if it works for you.
First, when picking a traffic source, consider the cost of the traffic source and the amount of traffic it can bring you. Your conversion rates (meaning your profit) depends on the quality of the traffic you pay for. So, you need to make sure you are making a smart move. Ideally, choose a traffic source that charges a low amount of money and generates a high conversion rate.
Second, consider choosing a traffic source that has a reasonable initial deposit. If you are just testing and trying to figure out what works best for you, it is a good idea to try and minimize your initial spendings.
Further, key aspects include rules and restrictions, the overall quality of that traffic source, market credibility, the flexibility of adjusting targeting options.
Top 10 Traffic Sources integrated with CPV Lab Pro
CPV Lab is easily integrated with ALL the biggest traffic sources out there, helping you start your campaigns faster and easier. If there is traffic source missing, let us know and we will include it with lightning speed! 🙂
Here are some of the most common types of traffic sources used by affiliate marketers:
- mobile traffic
- push notifications
- search traffic
- social traffic
- native ads
- PPV traffic
- mainstream traffic
- video ads
- adult traffic
Click here to see how to integrate all these traffic sources with CPV Lab Pro.
Let’s get to our top 10:
- Google Ads – I don’t think it needs a description 🙂 if you don’t know about Google yet, then just ask Google 🙂
- Facebook ads: CPV Lab comes with Facebook Ads as a predefined Traffic Source in order to make it easier to start your first Facebook Ads campaigns.
- Taboola – Is one leading native discovery platform. It offers in-feed, video, Display ads formats and the traffic is one of the highest quality.
- AdCash – is a global self-serve online advertising platform for media buyers, affiliates, ad networks and publishers. They offer pop-under, native ads, push and interstitial ads.
- ZeroPark offers 3 ad formats: push notifications, pop and domain redirect.
- PropellerAds work with some of the best performing ad formats: push notifications, onclick ads, in-page push, and native interstitials.
- ExoClick offers 20+ different ad formats, optimized targeting and behavioral retargeting, access to big data statistics and strategic analysis tools to further improve ROI, data refresh every 60 seconds, dayparting, and 24/7 customer service.
- PopCash uses a dynamic bidding system. Your estimated traffic depends on many factors: traffic quality, end-user location, and advertiser demand.
- Pushground provides some of the best high-quality traffic available. The platform’s advantages include instant approvals, a great team of experts, volumes to scale, and auto-optimization.
- Advertizer is powerful on mobile traffic. The source of the traffic is mostly display, video, pop, push, rtb, native and redirect traffic. The technology and optimization algorithm behind Advertizer is powered by Monetizer. This algorithm has learned from billions of data points making it extremely efficient when predicting what our users want to see in terms of offers.
PRO TIPS to find the best traffic sources to increase leads & conversions
- Look for suggestions on affiliate forums.
- Talk to someone from an affiliate network. They are always in touch with what works best.
- Don’t switch often between a lot of traffic sources; you need to gather some data in order to measure a particular traffic source relevance.
- Remember to track and measure all traffic efficiently with a powerful all-in-one affiliate tracking software.