Before starting, I want you to understand that TikTok campaigns can generally be tracked in CPV Lab Pro in the same way as campaigns from other traffic sources. There is no need to stress out!
There are just some minor differences which are related to the TikTok Ads interface and to the TikTok conversion integration that we will go through in this article.
If you are new to using TikTok in your affiliate marketing campaigns, read this article first 😉
You will find here how to:
- define the campaign in your link tracker.
- generate the TikTok Pixel.
- setup the campaign in TikTok and track the results in your ad tracker.
Step1: Define the campaign in the marketing tracker
- 1) First step is to make sure that you have the TikTok definition included in your CPV Lab Pro instance. Go to the Traffic Sources page and import TikTok from the Catalog, if necessary, then save it.
- 2) Now create a new campaign in your CPV Lab instance. Enter a name and choose the Data Options that you want to have tracked.
It’s very important to always select User Agent for TikTok campaigns and also the other metrics that you want to see for your visitors.
- 3) Select TikTok as the traffic source. You will see the main tokens (like Target, Ad, External ID) already pre-filled and you can select other data to be captured in the Extra Token fields.
- 4) Define the offers that you are promoting by entering them in the Offers section. You can also define the landing pages if you want to send visitors to such a landing page first and then to the offer.
- 5) In your ad tracker, you will get the Campaign URL which is the URL that your TikTok traffic will be redirected to.
Step 2. Generate a TikTok pixel
With CPV Lab Pro you can pass conversion details from the tracker to TikTok in real-time, as soon as you get conversions from your offers.
This step is optional, but it is recommended in order to allow TikTok to optimize your ad delivery based on conversions received.
How to generate the TikTok pixel
The integration is made by using a TikTok Web Event, also named a TikTok Pixel.
Go to the TikTok Ads Manager -> Assets -> Events page, then choose Web Events and “Set Up Web Event”.
Now select “Events API” in order to create a pixel integration through the API.
Enter a name for the Pixel and choose Manual installation.
Click Next and you will have the pixel details which are needed for the integration:
– Pixel ID – at the top of the page
– Access Token – obtained by clicking the button in the page
Make sure that you save these 2 details in a safe place!!
Go back to the campaign setup page in CPV Lab Pro and look for the TikTok API integration section near the bottom of the page.
Here is where you enter the Access Token and Pixel ID details from above.
Step 3. Define the campaign in TikTok
Access the TikTok interface and setup your campaign.
- Choose to create a new campaign, then select a goal. The best option from here is Conversions, but it can also be Traffic or Lead Generation.
- Select as Promotion Type “Website” because you want to send visitors to your landing page or offer.
- Select the Pixel that you have generated at step 2 in order to send conversions to TikTok.
- Define your target audience for your Ad Group based on Location, Languages, Gender, Age and Interests.
- Setup your ad creatives. Upload a video or choose one from your gallery, then add your best text to it.
- Destination section: put the Campaign URL provided in CPV Lab as the URL. Visitors that click on your ad will be tracked by the Campaign URL and then quickly redirected to your landing page or offer.
- Add more ad creatives as it is a good idea to have 2 or 3 creatives setup in your campaign.
Step 4. Reporting and stats
Check your results with the real time reports and detailed stats from CPV Lab ad tracker.
When you get a conversion registered at the affiliate network level, it will be posted to CPV Lab Pro and then passed back automatically to TikTok through the TikTok API integration. So you will have conversions tracked both in CPV Lab Pro and in TikTok in order to optimize ad delivery.
Aggregated reports about your visitors, ads, ad groups can be obtained using the Campaign Stats page. Use the columns dropdown to include or exclude columns from reports in order to see the exact metrics that you need.
And that’s it!
Check this video below explaining how to track a TikTok campaign with CPV Lab:
And if you need to learn more about how to do affiliate marketing with TikTok, check this short guide.